Popular Posts

Friday, April 4, 2014

A Shameful Secret *WARNING*

*Contains talk of doggie potty problems!*

Zoey-my sweet Zoey who is currently laying on my legs ⤵️


...has a shameful secret. 

She sometimes...

Eats

Her

Poop

If people reading are going to be our friends, we figured we would be honest. Painfully, embarrassingly honest. 

Feeling ashamed⤴️

So, if you want to be technical, coprophagia, is DISGUSTING. Have you ever seen your sweet little puppy that gives you kisses-

squat and practically turn and grab some poop before it hits the ground?!

I'm not sure why she started doing this at a few months old, but it still happens on occasion even now that she's over a year old, much to my lament. 

Zoey has other potty issues as well. She almost always refuses to go anywhere but home and has had many accidents (from what I have heard, potty training can be extremely frustrating for stubborn doxies 😜). She is also, still using potty pads-hear me out! 

Zoey was only eight weeks old when she got sick with parvovirus. We got her in January and when she came home, I just did not have the heart to try and make her go out in the yard when she was so frail and it was so cold. So we started her on potty pads on our covered back porch. 

And we've never been able to break her. 

It is pretty convenient, though. 

I made a potty bell with a baby toy that hangs from the doorbell and she picked that up one day without us even trying to teach her (the bell was on there from months earlier, but we hadn't really done much to train her to use it).  Full of surprises, I tell you. Since she started doing that, accidents inside are very rare.

She usually leaves her "droppings" alone now unless she's ate something different. 

Last night she stole a piece of pizza and ate the toppings off of it.  We didn't know she had until we saw her get the second piece and found the evidence of the first. That being said, we've been on guard when she's "taking care of business."

So yeah, she's a pretty smart dog...

That sometimes eats poop. 

I promise we won't continue to be so gross!  I just have a hunch that some people can relate to this so I thought I would share our troubles. 

We have tries pineapple-which seems to help-but would welcome any advice so please share your stories! 

Zoey is thoroughly humiliated. 

Zoey says: I'm tougher than you think-be warned! No teasing!

I certainly wouldn't cross you, Zo. 

-Ashley aka Zoey's Human



No comments:

Post a Comment